New Fall offerings from ShaktiFlow: Yoga, Dance and QiGong at 21 Nassau St.
I am delighted to announce the following classes starting September 11th and continuing through to the end of November.
All classes take place in the Community Room, entry from the garden walkway just west of the main doors at 21 Nassau St. near Spadina and College Streets, Toronto.
Tuesday, beginning Sept. 11
5:30-6:45pm Hatha Yoga (all levels, drop in)
Yoga postures and flows, breathing, relaxation and meditation in a classical style.
$12 per class
7:15-8:30pm Yoga for Emotional and Mental Well-Being (all levels, pre-reg)
This is a 6 week pre-registered program to shift habituated ways of thinking and acting.
- choose from session 1 (Sept. 11-Oct. 16) or session 2 (Oct. 23-Nov. 29)
- a practical and experiential program of gentle yoga in combination with specialized breathing, mindfulness and relaxation techniques
- ideal for those beginning or refreshing a meditation practice, as well as those living with anxiety, stress, depression, insomnia and/or digestive challenges
- you will receive notes and a CD of yoga nidra (deep yogic relaxation)
- short homework assignments will be assigned
$120 includes course, supplies and taxes
Thursday beginning Sept. 13
6:30-7:45pm ShaktiBelly Dance (women only, all levels, drop in)
A fusion of yoga, bellydance and sensual movement for feminine self-awareness and self-expression. Enjoy shimmy belts, veils and inspiring music and choreographies. Naturally, dark chocolate will be served!
$15 per class (new pricing!)
8:15-9:15pm Radiant Lotus Women’s QiGong (women only, all levels, pre-reg)
Think of qigong as “Chinese Yoga”: it is an ancient blend of breathing, movement and visualisation that promotes health and longevity. RLWQ is a special form of qigong developed by master Daisy Lee to address the unique physical, mental, emotional and hormonal needs of a woman throughout her life cycles. Bring your moms, sisters, girlfriends and daughters and share self-empowerment and self-care. RLWQ is for women of all ages and all abilities. The exercises can be done standing or seated.
This is a 6 week pre-registered program
- choose from session 1 (Sept. 13-Oct. 18) or session 2 (Oct. 25-Nov.29)
$70 includes course, notes and taxes
Please note that drop in classes are ongoing, but pre-reg. classes will only run with a minimum of 4 students.
Please contact karusia AT shaktiflow DOT com to book your spot or to ask any questions you may have.